Friends of the Anoka County Library Mini Golf Event!
Anxious to get out on the golf course? Start the golf season early by golfing the Rum River Library! The Friends of the Anoka County Library will be hosting aMini Golf Fundraising Event on Saturday, March 29, from 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. at the Rum River Library 4201 6th Ave in Anoka. The cost is $3 for adults, $1 for children or $6 for an entire family. We will be raffling 2 Barnes & Noble Nook eReaders and many more prizes. Raffle tickets are $1 each.
Become a member of the Friends or
make a donation!
- Wednesday March 12, 4:30 p.m. Library Support Services building behind the Northtown Library
- January 21, 2014 The Friends will be hosting a mini golf fundraising event at the Rum River library on Saturday March 29 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Play a round of mini golf in the library stacks and support your library!
- July 13, 2013 The Friends handed out "Library On the Go" chip clips to attendees at the Library On the Go ribbon cutting ceremonies at Ramsey and Andover. This was a contribution equivalent to $450.
- April 17, 2013 Friends donate $3,000 to the Anoka County Library at their annual meeting for summer programming.
Mission of the Friends
- To increase public awareness, understanding and use of the Anoka County Library (ACL) system.
- To organize public support for the eight ACL libraries through special events and programs, membership development, and fundraising.
- Plan and conduct author talks and other library events
- Support the Summer Reading Program for kids
- Support the Teen Bookmark Contest
- Buy Books-in-a-Bag kits for reading and discussion groups
- Donate annually to the library system
- Promote the Anoka County Libraries - some of the county’s most popular assets!
Why join the Friends?
Your member dues and volunteerism help assure the library’s continued ability to offer special events and programs which enhance the library experience and enrich the lives of library users. Your active involvement will help the Anoka County Library system stimulate and inspire library patrons for many years to come.
History of the Friends
In April 2003 local book enthusiasts joined together to create Friends of the Anoka County Library. The Friends are an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and supporting library programs and services.